ROGUE VALLEY REEFKEEPER

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ROGUE VALLEY REEFKEEPER
ROGUE VALLEY REEFKEEPER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T

4 posters

Go down

large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T Empty large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T

Post by Adminguy Fri May 06, 2011 3:31 pm

ive got some really nice pink ricordia with bright almost neon mouth that are on a softball size piece of LR if anyone is interested in trading for whatever let me know Very Happy
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Kudos : 355

https://roguereef.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T Empty Re: large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T

Post by epicenter Fri May 06, 2011 7:28 pm

Hey Jerrad it was nice meeting you the other day, did those corals settle in for you.
epicenter
epicenter

Kudos : 66

Back to top Go down

large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T Empty Re: large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T

Post by Adminguy Fri May 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Yes Chris they are doing really good i need to get some pics up for you to see their progress, cant thank you enough. all my family is so impressed with all the new color. my favorite is the blue slimer. its looking really happy Thanks Again Chris. we should try to coordinate some kind of club meeting with some other local hobbyists.
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by epicenter Fri May 06, 2011 8:47 pm

I agree with the club meeting thing I have never been to one so do not know what to expect. We are glad the corals are enjoying their new home, Sara & I were hoping we did not drop to much on you at once. Your tank looks really nice & healthy I would have taken you up on that recordia if I had the room, but my tank is packed at this point in time.
epicenter
epicenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Adminguy Sat May 07, 2011 12:25 pm

I think if we could get a few people together from this forum and just discuss the hobby maybe over a bbq and beers that would be a start, I'm really happy about the new corals their doing really well I've been feeding them that oyster egg food and they seem to be liking it. The wife and I are looking at buying a home right now and I'm planning a 150g build for it, should be fun.
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by epicenter Sat May 07, 2011 9:55 pm

The BBQ sounds great. That little green coral we got from you is doing good, hopefully it will settle in & start to grow. When it is ready I will get it back to you.
epicenter
epicenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Adminguy Sun May 08, 2011 10:22 am

Or you could just keep it and frag it once its big enough, is it extending?

Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by epicenter Sun May 08, 2011 2:50 pm

Yes it was but a bird of Paradise frag fell against it & put it back into defense. It will be OK but still a bummer. My pictures are really bad but I will snap a shot of the thing in a week or so.
epicenter
epicenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppertop412 Mon May 09, 2011 3:18 am

I don't have anything to trade (new tank) what do you want for the ricordia?

Coppertop412

Kudos : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by Adminguy Mon May 09, 2011 10:22 am

Coppertop you can have it it will be a really nice addition to your new tank, plus its a very hardy softie that doesn't require a whole lot of attention let me know
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppertop412 Mon May 09, 2011 1:19 pm

Sure. Cool. Where/when can I come get it? I'm off today and tomorrow.
Thanks,
Jim

Coppertop412

Back to top Go down

Post by turbotec Mon May 09, 2011 11:36 pm

Man....missed this one. if you have anymore or even one head left, I would really love to add some of this to my tank. all I currently have is purple mushrooms and want to add Ricordia to the tank. Im in GP too

turbotec

Kudos : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Adminguy Tue May 10, 2011 11:09 am

Yeah I work till 4pm all week but anytime after that is fine you can call me at 5417615186 id like to frag some other pieces I have but don't know how to frag these any suggestions
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by turbotec Tue May 10, 2011 2:27 pm

I dont know how to frag them either. if coppertop doesnt pick them upl I will. my number is 2182525. I work till 2:30 thurs-sunday. I could pick anything up you want to frag. the only thing I have for trade would be purple mushrooms, which are similar to rics but not bumpy.

turbotec

Back to top Go down

Post by turbotec Tue May 10, 2011 2:31 pm

I just did a quick search and found this tutorial of how to frag Rics.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f267/ricf101-ricordea-fragging-113453.html

if this breaks forum rules, just remove link.

also the purple mushrooms in the background of the pics are the same as what I have.

turbotec

Back to top Go down

Post by epicenter Tue May 10, 2011 7:14 pm

That ricordia is so big you could probably slice it up like a pizza pie.
epicenter
epicenter

Back to top Go down

Post by Adminguy Tue May 10, 2011 10:31 pm

large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T 2060056120100170508S600x600Q85
my 40G breeder
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adminguy Tue May 10, 2011 10:32 pm

large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T 2263746510100170508S600x600Q85
large softball size Ricordia F/S or F/T 2991043820100170508S600x600Q85
this is before the new coral addins last weekend but you can see how big those rics are. and thats the rock im talking about thats softball size.
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by turbotec Wed May 11, 2011 10:09 am

Adminguy. Let me know if your first lead falls thru. I could even pay for em. Also if you are getting rid of the rock they are on I could bring a replacement rock of equal or greater size. Live rock ofcourse. Unless you just want to frag me off a head or 2. I left my cell number in a earlier post. You can call or text if u wanna get ahold of me.

turbotec

Back to top Go down

Post by Adminguy Thu May 12, 2011 10:38 am

I really want to learn how to frag these things, they are lateral reproductive which I guess means they are connected with a soft tissue which feeds the entire colony on one rock, so that being said how do i remove one or even several from the rock without damaging the entire colony. hmmmm scratch
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by turbotec Thu May 12, 2011 12:35 pm

here is a nice video that shows how. I will see if I can find a few more tutorials about them. I cant speak from experience though cause I have never done it. Maybe call the guy from Reeftech or frogprince. Someone must know how. If you attempt it, save me 1 head and I will pay you for it!!

EDIT**********

I just found this post on reefcentral.com

What species of ricordea? I assume you mean Ricordea florida and not Ricordea yuma, correct?

They're very easy to frag:

1. Use a razer blade to cut it off the rock as close to the rock as you can (but do leave a little of the foot behind because it will grow back into a polyp)

2. Take the polyp and cut it through the mouth or between the mouths if you have multiple mouths. If you're cutting through the mouth I prefer to cut it in quarters with each piece getting a small part of the mouth. If a piece doesn't get part of the mouth don't worry about it -- it'll grow a mouth eventually it just takes longer to recover.

3. use bridal veil and a rubberband to hold it against a rock until it attaches to a rock after anout 3 - 7 days (sometimes longer). You can also stick it in a small jaw with some rubble until it attaches or sew it to a rock with fishing line.

turbotec

Back to top Go down

Post by Adminguy Thu May 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Nice video turbotec I'm gonna get to work on this probably this weekend I will definitely get you some frags and anyone else who wants one
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by turbotec Mon May 16, 2011 1:52 pm

R your frags surviving? How did they turn out

turbotec

Back to top Go down

Post by Adminguy Wed May 25, 2011 5:38 pm

hey well i never got to fragging those rics yet but will let you know, how are yours holding up?
Adminguy
Adminguy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppertop412 Wed May 25, 2011 6:20 pm

You know, when I put this in my tank (too quickly) it kinda fragged itself. I have 2 small heads that removed themselves from the main rock.
Are you having a BBQ on Monday? I could bring these 2 little ones if someone wants them. Not that I want to get rid of them, but I could share the karma.

Coppertop412

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum