ROGUE VALLEY REEFKEEPER

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

ROGUE VALLEY REEFKEEPER
ROGUE VALLEY REEFKEEPER
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have you ever replaced you Metal Halide bulbs

3 posters

Go down

Have you ever replaced you Metal Halide bulbs Empty Have you ever replaced you Metal Halide bulbs

Post by lostsurferguy Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:09 am

How often do you replace your halide bulbs? I have heard every 6 months, to every year. Do you wait until they burn out?
How long do you run your halide bulbs? Question

lostsurferguy

Kudos : 146

Back to top Go down

Have you ever replaced you Metal Halide bulbs Empty Re: Have you ever replaced you Metal Halide bulbs

Post by SaltisLife Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:03 pm

lostsurferguy wrote:How often do you replace your halide bulbs? I have heard every 6 months, to every year. Do you wait until they burn out?
I replace my 250w MH's about once a year, they say its best to replace this often as they slowly lose their intensity over time and therefore your corals may not be getting the full light spectrum that they would be getting ith a fresh bulb. also this is one thing you dont ever want to skimp on, the better the bulb the more life youll get out of it. nice avatar BTW hehe
SaltisLife
SaltisLife

Kudos : 187

Back to top Go down

Have you ever replaced you Metal Halide bulbs Empty Re: Have you ever replaced you Metal Halide bulbs

Post by lostsurferguy Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:21 pm

SaltisLife wrote:
lostsurferguy wrote:How often do you replace your halide bulbs? I have heard every 6 months, to every year. Do you wait until they burn out?
I replace my 250w MH's about once a year, they say its best to replace this often as they slowly lose their intensity over time and therefore your corals may not be getting the full light spectrum that they would be getting ith a fresh bulb. also this is one thing you dont ever want to skimp on, the better the bulb the more life youll get out of it. nice avatar BTW hehe

Ok, yea I have heard that...
I will be taking you up on that offer BTW.. I think when I get paid in 2 weeks I will break down my tank and see what I need to do from there.
Anyone have any big tanks hanging out that they are not using? Just in case I determine I need A new one?

Also thank you. I have a few of me diving in Hawaii and a few other places I just could not get it to size down. so I said Eff it.. and found that online.

lostsurferguy

Back to top Go down

Post by SaltisLife Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:25 pm

awesome just lemme know what you need i can come help you tear it down too i got plenty of containers and a RODI system for making new water if needed, im woirkin next week from 7 - 4 hit me up 541-761-5186
SaltisLife
SaltisLife

Kudos : 187

Back to top Go down

Post by Coppertop412 Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 am

LostSurferGuy... What size tank are you looking for? I have a 130 (72x18x25) with a metal stand I'm getting rid of. I've had it on Craigslist, but the best offer I've got so far is $100. PM me if interested.

Coppertop412

Kudos : 30

Back to top Go down

Post by lostsurferguy Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:09 am

cop top look forward to getting those pics.

lostsurferguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum